Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Cookbook Review

  Saturday I picked up





I have never picked up one of their cookbooks.  But decided it might be time to check one out and knowing I could go to the library helped.  No surprise there were lots of wonderful recipes in the book as their mother is the queen of southern cooking.  They obviously were paying attention when in the kitchen with her.
The cookbook is full items from grilling, tailgating, and picnicking.  And at this time of the year who isn't looking for a few good ones to try out and become new favorites.  You will find several in each category for that too.  There are even a few breakfast items thrown in, so you can eat on the road headed to the game.  
I love pictures in cookbooks.  And they have wonderful pictures of the food and of them and the family enjoying the food and playing games.  The pictures are just beautiful of Savannah makes me want to make a trip back.  The worst part of the book is all the mentions of Georgia Bulldogs.  
There were so many good recipes and wonderful pictures that I have already ordered this book from Amazon.  I can't wait for it to arrive.  



photo from Amazon

3 comments :

  1. I wish I was good at cooking so I could try cookbooks out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh let us know what recipes you like. And I laughed at your complaint...being a Dawg and all...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this would be a good gift for both my older boys!

    ReplyDelete