Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sunset Symphony 2011

Sunset Symphony is the last event of the month long Memphis in May celebrations.  This year the honored country was Belgium.  And the guests with the symphony this year were The Bar-Kays.  Thankfully the river had receded enough to have it at Tom Lee Park and I was shocked by how dry the ground was.

My day started off with baby-sitting baby G.  We survived the morning together.  Belle wasn't quite sure what to do with him though.


After S finished working the event she had Saturday morning she came by and picked G & myself.  We met up with the rest of the gang as S's parents.  


G napping.  How I don't know because we were pretty close to a speaker and at times it was hard to hear the person next to me.  


We were visited by the ghost of Sunset Symphony.  


I am not good at getting shots of the air show.


S dancing with her grand-niece.  Yep, you read that right.


I forgot until the sun was almost gone to get a sunset shot.  We had already broke out the glow sticks.

It was another great time with friends and good food.  









5 comments :