Sunday, April 17, 2011

Strawberries

I saw an article in the February issue of Southern Living about growing strawberries in a colander.  Looked like a fun and easy idea.  So I decided to give it a try.  We shall see if it works.


The items needed are a 3 quart colander, 3 strawberry plans, potting soil and a way to hang it.



Place the 3 plants in the colander.  And fill in with potting soil.



I used the plant hooks for a potted plants to hang the colander.  But I am not going to lie when I went to water them they colander fell.  I am going to need more hooks to hang it evenly. 

I can't wait to see if it will work. 

7 comments :

  1. Alright now you have to keep up posted on this. Hubby did a bed full of plants, and I sure hope they make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw how cute :) Hopefully it works I lovvveee my summer strawberries

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning from Tokyo Ruthie!

    How industrious...I wish we could do that. It sounds like a great project to tackle during the warmer months. What will you make first with your delicious crop?

    Great job!

    Love you,

    Moi

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a neat idea!! i can't wait to hear the progress -- i hope this works well for you! i loooove strawberries!

    love the new background, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea and I am looking forward to seeing your results...keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! Can't wait to see how it turns out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a neat idea! Can't wait to hear how it turns out!

    http://turquoiseandteale.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete