Sunday, April 3, 2011

Reflections

Since my accident almost 2 weeks ago I have had some time to think.  Couldn't do much else the first 9 days as I couldn't bend my finger.  Y'all know my love of reading. Well it wasn't comfortable to hold either a magazine or book for very long.  This is another reason I feel so bad about not working out.  I am not one to just sit in front of a TV and do nothing and that is pretty much what I have done.
I have decided the accident happened because God was trying to get my attention and tell me to slow down.  For almost 2 years work has been totally insane and I am going non-stop.  I have started doing that when I leave work.  I rush through getting everything done as fast as possible and them I end up crashing.  I have been telling the results of it by total exhaustion all the time.  I can't seem to sleep enough.  I keep hoping that eating well and working out will give me some energy back but so far that has not happened.  So of course now that I had to slow down a bit I keep wanting to know what God is trying to tell me.  I am so not a patient person.  I am sure one thing is that it is okay to ask for help it doesn't make you a weak person.  And that might be the only thing he was trying to get across to me.
The morning of the accident.  I stopped by the nurse practitioner's office I usually go to just to see if I had cut myself enough for stitches (these were the first of my life) and she yes but they didn't do them.  And the only place they knew of was the minor meds or the ER.  Great my insurance doesn't cover minor meds and ER is so expensive.  I texted S because I didn't want her to realize I was on the verge of tears.  Though when we talked a few minutes later for her to tell me she found out a doctor that did them I don't know if she realized I was crying.  I would be lost without her.  She even talked to her mom who is a nurse and said she hadn't done them in so long or she would.  So didn't even think about her mom helping me.   I use Olay Regenerist products.  If you have ever seen the packages you know that they are hard to open or at least they are for me.  I had to get open a new package of eye cream.  I was to the point of texting S to ask if she would go by the house during her lunch and open it for me.  I finally got it open on the last try.  Craziest thing to have to ask someone.
I realized what great friends I have.  Several people kept checking on me and offering help.  I also realized how blessed I am to have two fully working hands that help me be able to do the things I love.  Doing things with one hand was a bit hard.  That really made me slow down a lot.  I am truly blessed to have the friends I do in my life.

6 comments :

  1. Very well written Ruth!
    You never realize how much you need/use your finger/ ankle (for me) until it's not working like your use to.

    So glad things are looking up for you and that God has sent you special friends.

    Have a great week,
    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this post. You are incredibly special and I'm so glad you are blessed with great friends!

    God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have such great perspective! i think the joni mitchell song goes, "don't it always seem to go that we dont' know what we've got til it's gone..."

    and while maybe that's a bit dramatic for this situation it definitely rings true.
    sending you best wishes, friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you are recovering and that you are surrounded by great people! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you are recovering! You are so blessed, and I hope you get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you are on the mend, Ruth! Isn't it wonderful how God uses trying circumstances to show us blessings? I am happy you have such kind friends!

    ReplyDelete