Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Random Thoughts

** I survived the storms.  Though it was really scary to hear the tornado sirens go off at noon yesterday and look outside and see it is pitch black.  We spent 30 minutes in the stairwell after that.  

**  Had several ideas for blog posts but forgot to write them down or start pecking them out while I couldn't use my left hand.  boo!!

**I get to spend a some time in Oxford this weekend.  Friday starts the annual GO ZTA garage sale.  One of our biggest fundraisers.  I am looking forward to relaxing a bit.  Oxford always seems to calm me.

**I bought a wireless router over the weekend.  I don't have the Macbook I have been dreaming of yet but I can use it with my Wii for Netflix.  

**Sadly while in Oxford Friday night I will be missing the Relay for Life basket raffle.  My team is doing a movie night theme for ours.  If you are in Southaven Friday night stop by the Snowden House from 6:30-7:30 and buy some tickets.  

7 comments :

  1. Ah! That is so scary, to see a black sky at noon! Glad you stayed safe!

    Have fun in Oxford!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOOO glad you are okay!! I do not miss living in tornado ally at all! You should come hang out in the safety of Savannah!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are safe and sound! I dislike not remembering good blog posts, that is frustrating. Have fun in Oxford!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you didn't get blown away. Schools turned out about 1pm here, and it got pretty rough.

    OK, what is this yard sale about, do I need to be in Oxford this week-end. It is only about an hour and a half for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are safe! I heard it got pretty rough!

    And I totally hate when that happens about posts! I always think of something good...and then forget and then I can't think of anything good when I'm ready to write!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you guys were okay - the sirens FINALLY stopped here at Midnight! Talk soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marc spent part of his afternoon in the hall too- they let out schools early here because the storms were coming through right at dismissal. Alexa does not like storms, so getting her to bed was not a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete