Friday, April 22, 2011

Fashion Friday - Derby Hats

 
I am joining up with Kori over at Blonde Episodes for her Fashion Fridays series.
 
 
The Kentucky Derby will be held on May 7th. 
One of the biggest traditions is the big hats ladies wear.  I am not into wearing hats but one day if I get to fulfill my dream of attending the Derby I will get one. 
 
So while watching
 


sit back and drink



A mint julep

And put on a hat





This would be more along the lines of what I could handle. 



Of course you could go outlandish like the next two.






All to see the winning horse









all images found on bing



 

9 comments :

  1. I love all of the crazy hats!! But like you, I'll stick with the pink and green one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love.adore.worship derby hats and well, all things derby!! I'm dying to host a derby party so I can have an excuse to wear a derby hat and break out the mint juleps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to go to the derby just so I could wear a big and beautiful hat!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I'd love to go...thanks so much for linking up today honey! Kori xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't even really like hats but I have always been fascinated by the Derby Do's! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a pretty big Steeplechase here in town and all of the hats come out for it as well! There is a contest every year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Easter!! Just found your blog! I'd love for you to follow me :)

    Love the hats!

    Monique xx

    misszuman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I WILL go to the derby one day! I love the hats and dresses! I wish I could wear the hats all the time...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Derby, as you know, has a very special place in my heart since I'm from Kentucky. I even used to work for a lady that sold Derby hats. Sadly, I don't have mine anymore. :(

    ReplyDelete