Monday, April 25, 2011

Cookbook Review

I decided to do a review of the cookbooks I got from the library.  I will do one post on each before I return them.  And no worries I will be trying something from each before returning them.  Though I do know I want both of these. 

First up is Home Cooking with Trisha Yearwood.




Trisha co-wrote this one with her mother Gwen and sister Beth.  There is a really sweet forward by her hubby Garth Brooks. 

Trisha, Gwen, and Beth share stories about the people who they got the recipes from.  And pictures of them growing up along with the people in their lives who contributed the recipes.  There was even a photo shoot at a family reunion.  There are also great photos of almost every recipe.  I love cookbooks with lots of pictures of the recipes.    I really think it was put together really well. 


2 comments :

  1. I think the best cookbooks are those where the authior shares personal stories about what makes the recipes special. I'll have to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rarely cook a recipe without a picture! Being that I am not a cook, much less a good one, I require pictures to at least tell me what they look like, so when I'm finished, I know if I did it half way right!

    ReplyDelete