Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Cherry Almond Snack Mix

I was wanting a healthy snack to keep around and found one in my Diabetic Living Cookbook.  I am wanting some more variety to my snacks at work besides 100 calorie packs, apple slices and cheese.  Those can start to get old. 

Cherry Almond Snack Mix

4 c. sweetened oat square cerel
1/2. c. sliced almonds
2 tbsp. better, melted
1/2 tsp. apple pie spice
dash salt
1 c. dried cheries and/or golden raisens

Preheat oven to 300°.  In a 15x10x1 inch baking pan combine cereeal and almonds.  In a small bowl, stir tgether melted butter, apple pie spice and salt.  Drizzle butter mixture onto cereal misture; toss to coat cereal and almonds evenly.


Bake about 20 minutes or until almonds are toasted, stirring once during baking.  Cool snack mix in a pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
Stir in cherries.  Cool mixture completely.  Cover tightly; store up to 1 week. 

makes 20 1/4 cup servings.
82 calories 3 fat grams 58 mg sodium

The mix smelled great while it was baking.  And of course I had to try some after it was finished and it tastes great.   I will have to pass it out to a few friends to finish it up in one week. 






Photobucket

13 comments :

  1. Looks delicious, Ruth! I'm going to have to make some for the children...and the adults as well ;) Love you!

    Moi

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks good! What a great idea. I need to do this for my office snack too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful recipe! I'm going to have to make some for a mid-afternoon snack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks delicious! I should try that for work too, I hate not having good snacks during the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds so great!!!! I love anything with cranberries. Kori xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. the perfect snack mix! Love the use of cherry's!Must make note to make this for hubby next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks awesome! Can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh yum! I have a box of rice chex that will sub great for the wheat base cereal. Can't wait to try this. I'm so in need of a few new non-Easter candy snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for linking up & playing today!!

    This looks yum & I am all about healthy-

    Hope your weekend is a blessed one♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I bet this smelled fantastic! I'm going to try this not only for the kids but for my father-in-law who is a diabetic ~ thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds good! I bet my kids would love it :)

    ReplyDelete