Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday Dinner

I had an idea pop in my head for a meal the other night.  But I still don't have a name for the dish, hence the title of the post this week.  I had some chicken in the freezer, leftover taco seasoning, and remembered that one of the flavors of the Philly cooking cremes is Santa Fe.  Y'all know my love of quick and simple dishes.

Chicken tenders or breasts
Taco seasnoning
Philadelphia Santa Fe Cooking Creme
Whole wheat penne
milk


I sprinkled some of the taco seasoning on the chicken and used my grill pan to cook them.


 Once the past was cooked I put about 1/8 cup, I am so guessing there as I just put a big spoonful in the pot over low heat with 1 tbsp. of milk.


I only made enough for tonight of the pasta & sauce.  


The chicken and pasta turned out great.  I wasn't sure so that is why I only made enough sauce & pasta for tonight.  


And you know me I love those garlic cheese biscuits.  


The dish turned out really well.  I rarely cook anything without a recipe because I am so scared it won't turn out.  At least with a recipe in a magazine or cookbook someone has already tried it and decided it tastes good.  Now I need to decide whether to use the last of the chicken for something else or make more pasta & sauce.  


7 comments :

  1. That looks delicious! I will have to try that out one night. Love the new background! So festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem like such a good cook!!! I'm impressed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. definitely impressive -- i love cream sauces and this sounds like a great twist to the traditional!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so creative and fun... I love your cooking posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicous! I love that plate too. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woops *delicious* I need spell check lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you...stay tuned for more!
    I love it....great job...
    Wow it super perfect taste!
    Restaurant Equipment

    ReplyDelete