Monday, March 7, 2011

Move It Monday

Photobucket


The weeks are sure flying by.  I can't believe another one is in the books.  They seem to be flying by faster and making it harder to get in my workouts.  Okay that is probably just and excuse.

I am so proud to say for the first time this year I got in all the workouts I planned for.  Jumping for joy!!!
I got in 4 days of cardio, 2 kettle bell workouts, 2 ab workouts, and 2 arm workouts.  I also played on the Wii a bit too.  I am so loving some of the games that are on the Wii fit.  Makes it fun to workout when you really don't want to.

The Kettle bell workout I have been using for the last couple weeks came from Fitness magazine in May 2010.


You can find the workout here.  It also has a video to go with it.  This workout will really work up a sweat.  
Part of the reason I have been doing this one is it short and quick to do in the mornings before work.  And because I am scared to do Jillian's kettle bell workout in the mornings.  Let's face it I am a bit of a wimp and not sure I want to start my day off with Jillian because it is so tough.  I need to get over that fear so I can get some real change going on this month.  

I have a bunch of ab & arm workouts pulled out from magazines too.  I am going to start looking through them to decide which ones to change up to.  

Oh and I bought the EA Active 2 for the Wii today.  I did the first workout and I am so sore.  I am tempted to take it down to the easy workouts instead of the medium.  We shall see how this week goes.  

10 comments :

  1. Hey Ruth, thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I'm so glad you liked my living room!!

    I love that bell thing. I used to have a trainer, and she would have me do all kinds of things with it!! Good luck this week ;)

    Telia, NewlyWedWifeLife

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl. I have actually been hitting the gym 2 times a day for the past month and loving every minute of it! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jelly! I've not worked out in months. Working on it

    xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete
  4. So impressed!! I am so NOT an exercise person..;(
    But I agree time is FLYING! Love coming over here and seeing that Rebel...such a childhood memory its like home

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Ruth! I cannot wait to hear how your workouts are going this weekend. I'm so proud of you!

    Love you,

    Moi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you honey!!!! It's so hard to get started! Thanks for the comments today..I love Johnny Cash, but get a little nervous to put a playlist on my blog. Hope you entered the giveaway! Kori oxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. How awesome!! I may have to try that kettle ball - that is one fad I have not experienced yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have not worked out in forever!! I'm planning to start a Body Back session in April, if I can manage Lallie during those hours. It's so hard to work, take care of child and workout too! This looks like an easy home regimen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for doing all of your planned workouts! I have been so bad lately! I'm trying to workout at least 5 days a week for Lent!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job!

    I need to start the kettle ball workout to tone my arms, yoga is working, but I need to build muscle. What I have really enjoyed on Wii Fit is setting it to the Free Step and watching a TV show while doing a 30 min. workout- burns calories and is fun!

    ReplyDelete