Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tuscan Chicken Simmer

I tried this about 2 years ago and enjoyed it.  I decided it would make a great Valentine's Day Dinner.  I got it off the Kraft foods website.  I changed it up a bit tonight though by using some of the new Philadelphia Italian Cheese & Herb Cooking Creme.  

Tuscan Chicken Simmer

4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves
4 oz. Philadelphia Cream Cheese, cubed
1/4 c. water
1/4 c. pesto
2 c. grape or cherry tomatoes
1 c. Kraft Finely Shredded Italian Five Cheese blend

Heat large skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat.  Add chicken; cover skillet with lid.  Cook 5 to 7 minutes, on each side or until chicken is cooked through.  Remove chicken from the skillet; keep warm.  
Reduce heat to medium.  Add cream cheese, water, pesto and tomatoes to the skillet.  Cook, uncovered, 2 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.


Return chicken to skillet.  Cook and stir 1 minute or until chicken is coated and heated through.  Sprinkle with shredded cheese.  
It suggest serving over ravioli or fettuccine.  I put mine over rotini tonight.



I used the Classico traditional basil pesto.  You can change the taste just by changing the pesto.  I need to try a different one next time.  









8 comments :

  1. I tagged you on my blog! Looks delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! This is going on my must cook soon list! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO impressed! This looks superb! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh scrumptious, Ruthie dear! I had the best time talking with you this week. It was, by far, the highlight of my entire 33rd year by far. Love you!

    Moi

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so delicious and fast! I must try this. Thanks for sharing Ruth.

    ReplyDelete