Sunday, February 27, 2011

Girls Night Out


A group of gals got together last night for dinner and then to a painting class. 
We hit Chili's for dinner before hand and had the worst service.  I got there last and ordered an appetizer for my dinner after everyone else ordered appetizers and got mine first.  Everyone else got their meals about 10 minutes before we were to be at the paint place. 
We went to a place in down town Olive Branch.  And you know you are in the south when the directions involve turning down a dirt road in down town. 


S working on her picture.


Our sweet instructor Tonya.


Mine before the finishing touches.


The group with our finished artwork.


Mine with all the finishing touches.  I am not surprised it didn't turn out well.  I am going to put it in the GO ZTA yard sale in April.  I don't have anywhere in the house for it to go.

We had a bunch of snack foods which included some of the other gals meals since it took so long to get our food.  I made some of the White Strawberry Sangria.  And there was plenty left so I am sitting here drinking it while I finish this post. 






7 comments :

  1. Those paintings are beautiful! I love the jewels in the center of your cross!

    P.S. Love the new blog look! Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's crazy about your dinner! I used to work at Chili's and they were terrible with service training. It was a nightmare to work with people who didn't care.

    Love the painting! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the painting, especially the jewels! What a fun, creative night!

    I haven't had a girl's night in so freaking long; it's tragic. I wish you were closer!!

    Absolutely love.adore.worship the new blog design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I so want to do something like this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look how cute you all are and your paintings are awesome
    xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ruth - if you are truly gonna yard sale it, you should TOTALLY do a giveaway on your blog for it!! Do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning, Ruthie!

    I'm so glad you had a great girls night out. Your picture is fantastic! Can we skype this weekend?

    Love,

    Moi

    ReplyDelete