Friday, February 11, 2011

First Crush

With Valentine's Day coming I got to thinking about my first celebrity crush.  
Mine was Donnie Wahlberg.


Yes I was a huge New Kids on the Block fan.


That Boston accent just melted my heart.  


Look at that crazy hair.  Okay yes it was the 90s and we all had crazy hair.


Until I was searching for pictures I had totally forgotten about the cartoon.  And I doubt I ever missed an episode.


I had or still have this key chain.  There was not much I didn't own that was either Donnie or NKTOB.  When the came out with a new album several years ago my father offered to go up in the attic and get it all back down for me.  My walls were even plastered with pictures of the group and Donnie everywhere.  Okay Donnie only was allowed to be put on the wall above my bed.  All three of the pictures of Donnie here were on that wall. 



And he is still a hottie.  Yes, I admit I still have a crush on him.


I am totally loving him as Danny Reagan on



So who was your first celebrity crush??










all images from Bing




blondeepisodes.com

13 comments :

  1. Mine was Leo Dicaprio! Haha I fell head over heels in love with Jack Dawson on Titanic! :) (I still am...and proud of it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, what a fun post! I think my first crush was Ralph Maccio (sp?) from the Karate Kid. I was in his fan club and he sent me an autographed photo and I was in love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donnie! Wow, haven't thought about him in awhile!

    My first crush was JTT - Jonathon Taylor Thomas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Ruthie!

    Haha! I still look back at those pictures and think Joey is a girl. I really thought he was when "Please don't go girl" came out~which led to even further confusion.

    I was such a two Corey's girl. I loved those two and grew up with their films. It just broke my heart when Corey Haim died this past year. A little piece of my childhood passed along with him.

    Love you!

    Skype time?

    Moi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hysterical, Ruth! I think you are my youngest sister's age. I was too old to "appreciate" NKOTB at that time. I was still coming down off of the 80s hair bands like Bon Jovi, Skid Row, and digging in to the new grunge bands like Guns 'n Roses. :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh and P.S. I do admit to having an adult crush on Marky Mark aka Mark Wahlberg - SERIOUSLY! We could be celeb crush SILs! lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh goodness i was in LOVE with Jordan! I remember having the lunchbox, bookbag, sleeping bag, etc etc..learning all the dancemoves. And then of course when I was in 7th grade, it was Hanson.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this post!! i am totally linking it into my post today... loooove NKOTB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So funny! Saw your blog on the link from Little Miss Can't Be Wrong.

    I totally loved (and still do!) Kevin Arnold from The Wonder Years!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAHA. When I was younger I loved New Kids also and Donnie was my favorite. Always gotta go for those "bad boys" :-) Happy Valentine's Day. ♥Winona

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE IT!!! NKOTB were all over my walls!! Made me smile!!

    Because Shanna Said So

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey honey thanks for linking up but can you please add my button and link back to Blonde Episodes? Thanks! Kori xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. OK, this is going to show everyone that I'm old enough to be the mom of most of you! My first celebrity crush was David Cassidy of The Partridge Family! Yes, I'm OLD! :)

    Loved your post...hope you'll stop by and say hi!

    Cindy at Notes in the Key of Life

    ReplyDelete