Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day 2011

I really hope this is the only snow day we have this year.  I am not a huge fan. The weathermen started predicting snow for Sunday night into today early last week.  I just waited to see but did hit the store for a few things just in case.  They were predicting 4-8 inches in North Mississippi and they actually nailed it on the head.  It started snowing last night around 6 and didn't stop for at least 6 hours.  


Last night about about 1 1/2 hours of snow.  


This morning!  


Okay so a little under 4 inches of snow on my patio table.


Belle in her search for a spot without snow.  She hates the snow.  

I am going to enjoy the day reading, cross-stitching and napping.  At some point I will get in a workout too.  I decided to make caramel apple waffles this morning too.

Right now Belle is in her favorite spot my office window watching the neighborhood.





11 comments :

  1. I wish we got snow! All we got was ice where I live in Charleston.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snow is so pretty! Enjoy your snow day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got 9 inches and the city closed all roads! I don't think it is going anywhere anytime soon either! There is one interstate lane open going in/out of Huntsville and that is about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruthie, enjoy your day off. Snow may not be your favorite, but a day of rest and relaxation...ah! Silver lining, dearest. I hope you've been enjoying it.

    Love you,

    Moi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you got a day to rest and catch up on things, and the snow wasn't that bad. We just got out and rode for a bit just to get out of the house, and our roads are fine now, well except for the "back roads", and they have canceled school again for tomorrow already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am totally with you - NOT A FAN! My feet got so cold today I could not warm them. I almost soaked them in hot water. :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you had a great day off with lots of blog reading and cocoa! My Sadie loves the snow but hates water. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw. Belle looks so cute running around in the snow. Hopefully it'll clear up for y'all soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope it melts soon but Britt is so excited to think she could be tromping to class in that stuff next year! haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like my kind of day, I don't like the snow either but I do love days off at home to get snuggly under the blankets and do what you love to do!

    ReplyDelete