Sunday, January 23, 2011

Pork Tenderloin with Red & Yellow Peppers

I wasn't planning on trying another recipe this month.  But after seeing this one in the current issue of Cooking Light and couldn't get it out of my mind I had to go ahead and try it.  I saw several recipes in this issue but this one really stuck out.

Pork Tenderloin with Red and Yellow Peppers

1 (1 lb) pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut crosswise into 1 inch thick medallions
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary, divided
4 canned anchovy fillets, drained & mashed
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper cut int 1 1/2 inch strips
1 yellow bell pepper cut into 1 1/2 inch strips
2 tsp. balsamic vinegar

Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper.  add oil to pan; swirl to coat.  Add pork to pan; cook for 5 minutes.  Reduce heat to medium; turn pork over.  Add 1 tsp. rosemary, anchovies, garlic and bell peppers; cook 7 minutes or until peppers are tender and pork is done.  drizzle with vinegar.  Top with remaining 1/2 tsp. rosemary.  


Yield 4 servings.  Calories 215 fat 10.1 g.  

The recipes says if you don't like anchovies, omit them and add 3 tbsp. minced olives.  I don't like anchovies but I forgot to get olives when I was at Kroger today.  And as you can see I didn't have yellow bell peppers either, the only two in the store looked really bad so I grabbed a green one.  I also used minced garlic instead of sliced cloves because I don't like eating the sliced ones.  
It suggests that you serve it with mashed potatoes.  


I also made some okra and garlic cheese biscuits.  
And believe it or not I cleaned my plate.  I woke up with my sinuses draining Friday morning and I didn't eat much all weekend until tonight.  Tomorrow I might use the leftovers and put them in a taco shell.  





7 comments :

  1. Sounds and looks delicious! You always have the best recipes--YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious!!! Also, I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks gooooood:)

    How did you cook your okra? I love okra!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pork recipe sounds delish .. will give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm looks delicious! I'll have to give this a try. Those garlic cheese biscuits sound great, too!

    ReplyDelete