Sunday, January 30, 2011

Move it Mondays

Photobucket


I can't believe today is the last day of January.  Where has this month gone?  Not that I am overly sad as it means we are closer to spring.  
I did really well this week with workouts.  I hit the gym 4 days this week and got in at least 25 minutes each time.  My knee was really bothering me Monday night so I didn't last long.  I have learned not to push it to far when they are bothering me or I won't be able to workout for several days after that.  I used my Wii fit 3 days last week, one ab workout and one kettlebell workout.  
And I am so excited I got my sorry butt out of the bed 3 mornings to workout before work.  Now the goal is to keep it up.  It has gotten easier to get up and workout before work.  I have realized that I don't drag into the office as much on the days I do some sort of workout before work, and most days that is when I do my abs or strength workouts.  
I am so excited to say that I lost 2 pounds since the beginning of the year.  Not a huge number in one month but I am quite excited about it.  And I took my measurements over the weekend and am down 1/4 inch, all in my abs.  I was a little sad not to see more and that nothing came off my hips but I will take the losses anyway or anywhere they come.  
My goals for this week is to get up and workout 3 days again and maybe a 4th day.  And I want to get in two ab workouts this week.  I need to start working up to more strength workouts but I know me I need to concentrate on one thing at a time and I will get there.  




6 comments :

  1. Good job so far!! Keep it up, you can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ruth,

    You can do it! Keep going, sister.

    Love you,

    Moi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! Yep, baby steps.... that's what I'm doing! Starting tomorrow, it's out of bed at 5 and go for a run...... God help me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl! So happy for you
    xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete
  5. My knee was killing me tonight at the gym....it can really ruin a workout....Im starting a diet tomorrow so ill be right there with ya. keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing great! Bring on February!

    ReplyDelete