Monday, January 3, 2011

Move it Mondays

I am joining Suemac over at Suemac on the Run for her new weekly posts called Move it Mondays.  She has a cute button to go with it but I have yet to figure out how to add those to my blog or posts (hint if anyone wants to tutor me please do).  One of my goals this year is to lose some weight and fit back into my carpi's.  There is also a couple weddings to attend in the spring that I want to look good for.
I am not sure what my workouts will look like this month.  Our hours are changing at work starting tomorrow.  Instead of 7:30 to 4:30 that I have worked for years I will now be working 8:30 to 5.  I am not a morning person so I have been hitting the gym after work.  But I don't know if I want to get home that late after dealing with the traffic.  I am going to play around with it this month and see what will work best for me.  This week I am going after work to see how that works.  I will get up at the same time and try and get in a strength or stretching workout before work.  I  know I will be up around the same time as Belle wants to get up at that time everyday. And if that doesn't work so well I will switch the plan up.  I know if I wait and do it all after work like I have been I won't be able to get in anything but cardio at night.  As much as I hate strength workouts I know they are important.
I also bought a Wii fit today so I will have that to work with too.  This morning I hit the gym and got in 30 minutes on the treadmill at 3.7 miles/hour at a 8% incline.  I will pull out the Wii fit and play with it for a bit this afternoon too.  After my nap.

Oh and I got an email from Amazon stating they are having a 40% off sale on Jillian Michaels workout dvds.

4 comments :

  1. Oh I want a wii so bad so I can do the workouts and the foodnetwork games! Should have asked for that for christmas. Hummm.. maybe for my b-day this summer?

    XO
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for linking up! You did better than I did as my alarm didn't go off and well, after school we had to search for a missing pencil pouch for an hour only for my teenager to remember it's probably in her locker. I really needed a drink after that, but refrained..... as I'm off that for the next two weeks. Tomorrow is another day, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun link up! To get the button on your blog (I'm not very good at html either but hopefully this will work) just copy and paste the long web address thing into your page and when you publish it the button appears. Hopefully that works!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruth - on my blog under How-Tos there is a video on how to link up & using the buttons. It may (or may not) help :)

    ReplyDelete