Monday, January 17, 2011

Master Bedroom

I spent my weekend painting my master bedroom.  It feels so great to finally get this project out of the way.  I wanted to do it over Thanksgiving but got sidelined by the migraine.
I painted the wall behind my bed the same Pecan color I did the guest room last year.


The before.  

and 



I can't wait to sleep in my own bed tonight.


My dresser across from the bed.  


A view from the bathroom.  And Belle had to get in one shot.  

The color for the other three walls is Oxford Blue from the Eddie Bauer collection at Lowe's.  I think the two colors look good together.  

I wouldn't have been able to get this done of S's father had not lent me one of his ladders.  I am grateful he did.  

With the NFL play-offs happening this weekend to keep me from being distracted I pulled out some cds to put in my stereo to listen to while painting.  Okay I did take a break yesterday to watch the Bears win.  
My list includes:

Kenny Chesney   Hemingway's Whiskey
Eric Clapton  Slowhand
Darius Rucker   Charleston, SC 1966
Tina Turner   Tina
Lynyrd Skynrd   Vicious Cycle
Gabby Johnson (local band)  Been So Long
Sister Hazel  Fortress
Warrant   Cherry Pie
UB40  Best of UB40
Hank Williams Jr.  That's How They Do It in Dixie






6 comments :

  1. I love your duvet. It's all so peaceful and relaxing. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your playlist is as random as mine! :) Nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so pretty and cheerful. Just looking at it puts me in a good mood. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! Painting is a workout!! Love your playlist!

    ReplyDelete