Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Bacon, Cheddar, and Ranch Pita chips

This year my goal is to continue trying new recipes.  I will be joining Jessica over at Kitchen Belleicious for her one recipe a month challenge.




And with the play-off games happening this weekend I pulled out these pita chips to make from my Southern Living Ultimate Christmas Cookbook.  Yes, I know a Christmas cookbook but it has some really great recipes that are great for all year long.
I love pita chips but they can get expensive to buy so I found a recipe a few years ago to try but had not been so good at coming up with variations.  So I was excited to see these and a few others in the cookbook.

Bacon, Cheddar, and Ranch Pita Chips

1/4 c. olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp ranch dressing mix
3 pita rounds (6 inch)
1/3 c. real bacon bits
1/2 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese.

Combine olive oil and dressing mix in a small bowl.  
Split each pita bred into 2 rounds.  cut each round into 8 wedges. Place wedges on a lightly greased baking sheet.  Brush rough side of each wedge with oil mixture.  Sprinkle wedges with bacon bits and then cheese.


Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until crisp.  Remove from oven; transfer to wire racks to cool.  


Yield 4 dozen chips


I had some Fiesta Ranch dressing mix and that is what I used.  I also used the authentic Mexican cheese blend from Kraft since that is what I had on hand.  They turned out really great.  These will be great to serve at a tailgate or in the Grove.  I found that they only needed to be cooked for 10 minutes or they get to brown.  Who doesn't love bacon and cheese?

8 comments :

  1. These look yummy! I saw them over on Jessica's blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh.....how'd I miss that?? Glad you posted. I;d love to try to make those. Thanks for sharing,

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look SO good. I'm thinking this might make the menu for a Superbowl party. Thanks for sharing Ruth and I like the new color in your bedroom too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes my mouth water. I cant wait to try this. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting...these look really really good!!! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete