Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Marbled Chocolate Treats

I got this recipe from the 2007 Holiday issue of Kraft Food & Family magazine.  Oh, how I miss getting that freebie in my mailbox four times a year.   I love the combination of chocolate and peanut butter so I gave them a try while the parents were at my house that year for Christmas.  My grandmother loved them so much I had to make several batches to have when the family gathered together after her 80th birthday party.

Marbled Chocolate Treats

8 1/2 Honey graham crackers broken in half
6 squares semi-sweet baking chocolate
1/2 c. peanut butter
3 squares white baking chocolate

Line a 13x9 inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan.  Arrange grahams on bottom of pan, cutting as needed to completely cover bottom of pan; set aside.

Microwave semi-sweet chocolate and peanut butter in medium bowl on high 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until chocolate is completely melted when stirred, stirring every 30 seconds.  Stir until well blended.  Pour over grahams; spread with spatula to cover completely.

Repeat microwave melting steps with the white chocolate.  Drop spoonfuls of the white chocolate over chocolate covered grahams.  Immediately cut through the chocolate mixtures with knife several times for tire-stripe effect.


Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until firm.  Use foil handles to remove dessert from pan.  Peel off foil.  Cut into bars.  Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.

I always use crunchy peanut butter when I make these but you can use creamy if that is what you like.  I also don't bother to cut the pieces just break it apart.  


5 comments :

  1. ooh that looks good! I am going to have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These look great. I bet my 4 year old would have fun helping with these too! Thanks for sharing Ruth.

    ReplyDelete