Friday, December 31, 2010

Giving the boot to 2010

I am so ready to give 2010 the boot.  This has been a rough year.  When this year started I thought it would be a good year but that didn't last long.  My company was bought out by the end of January and we went through one more round of lay offs in February.   We still don't know how safe our jobs are or what we will be doing differently when they finish merging the two companies.  ugh!  That has made this year quite stressful.  I hope next year is better.
There were some happy moments in March.  R came to Memphis and went with me to see Eric Clapton.  What a great night that was.  And we also joined three other friends at the end of the month for a girls weekend in Natchez, MS.
May brought some happy moments.  I found out S was pregnant with G.  And I got to spend a long weekend with Beth and kiddos in Charlotte, NC.  It was sad to leave them not knowing how soon before we got to see each other again.
The fall brought a very bad season for my Rebels.  Not only did we suck on the field this year but the administration decided to rip away another beloved tradition.  They took Colonel Reb away as the official mascot and gave us some care bear looking thing.  My heart will always belong to Colonel Reb and I will not recognize any other mascot for Ole Miss.
I enjoyed a week exploring Hilton Head Island and Savannah with my grandmother.  That was a wonderful week of relaxation and so needed after the stressful year it has been.
November brought the arrival of sweet baby G.  And the knowledge that The Southern Blossoms would be spending Christmas in Mississippi instead of Tokyo.
December was spent with the usual crazy holiday happenings.  I got to spend a couple of my days off hanging out with S and the boys.  And time spent with family and friends home from far places.

I did accomplish a few things this year.  I decided to try two new recipes a month for the whole year.  And I accomplished that.  It feels good knowing I actually did it even if there was food put to waste because I couldn't eat all of a recipe.  I also wanted to do some traveling this year and I did that.  I put away a good bit of money and was able to do a few things around the house with that along with the traveling.   I might not have gotten back into my capris as I was so hoping to do in 2010 but I made a great start towards that goal.  I can actually now get in them but think they are still to tight to wear out in public.
I also got to meet a lot of new friends from around the world through their blogs.  I have enjoyed getting to know each of you and follow along with your lives.  I can't wait to see how things go for each of you in 2011.

2010 I am not sad to see you go.  You have the the toughest year in a long time.  I can only hope that 2011 will be much kinder to me.

Wishing everyone a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!  I hope everyone has a fun and safe holiday.

2 comments :

  1. I pray that 2011 brings you many blessings!! Happy New Year, Friend! Much Love, Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year!!! 2011 HAS to be better! Love, SueMac

    ReplyDelete