Sunday, December 19, 2010

Easy Cheese Garlic Biscuits

I talk about making these biscuits quite often and Daphne asked me last week for the recipe.  I had to go find it as I have made them enough I just eye ball it now.  They used to be on the back of the Bisquick box and might still be on the regular one but I buy the heart smart version.  

Easy Cheese Garlic Biscuits

2 c. Bisquick
2/3 c. milk
1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 c. butter, melted
1/4 tsp. garlic powder

Heat oven to 450°.  In a medium bowl, stir Bisquick, milk and cheese with wire whisk or fork until soft dough forms; beat vigorously 30 seconds.  On ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by 10 to 12 spoonfuls about 2 inches apart.  
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.  In a small bowl, stir butter and garlic powder until well mixed; brush on warm biscuits before removing from cookie sheet.

I have used the Italian and Mexican blend cheese in place of the cheddar cheese and they have turned out wonderful too.  Last week I added two dashes of cilantro along with the garlic powder to the butter before putting it on the biscuits.  

6 comments :

  1. These sound so yummy! I love garlic biscuits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! Just added this recipe to my "to-make" list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound great! Thanks for visiting my blog, too! I am happy to follow a fellow GRIT :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I miss eating gluten!! Sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. JUST FOR ME???? thank you friend!

    I am printing this right now-
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are so good, eat them warm! I put mild sausage balls in the middle and it's great for breakfast, or to bring to a party. :)

    ReplyDelete