Monday, December 13, 2010

Crispy Praline Cookies

 I have been in the mood to bake.  And got some great suggestions from y'all.  But in going through my cookbook I found one to try.  I pulled this out of the June of Mississippi magazine.  It was the recipe contest winners addition.  The Crispy Praline Cookies were submitted by Lisa Grantham and was the winning Dessert Cookie recipe.  I love pralines so why not try out the cookie.

Crispy Praline Cookies

1 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. firmly packed dark brown sugar
1 large egg
1 c. chopped pecans
1/2 c. unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla


Preheat oven to 350°.  In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients, blending well.  Drop cookie dough by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.  Bake 13 to 15 minutes.  Cool on baking sheets 1 minute; remove cookies to wire racks to cool completely.  

Yields 2 dozen

They smelled heavenly while baking.  Though certainly didn't turn out as pretty as Lisa's did in the magazine.  But are yummy!  I never claimed to be a baker.  Yep I put to many on the sheet at once.  Oh well they tasted good and that is all that matters.  

7 comments :

  1. wow! Now that is a recipe I can use! Out here in Callie, there are NO pralines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! Those sound delicious!

    Thanks for the birthday wishes! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I could help Sharon.

    And MSP I had a good weekend celebrating H's 2nd birthday. I am glad you had a good one too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruth,

    It's times like this I wish I enjoyed pralines. Daddy and mom do, though, so if they're made I can make these yummy sounding cookies for them!

    You are really on a cooking kick! Good for you.

    See you next week, hon!

    Love,

    Moi

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness how amazing do these look. Yum!

    xo

    ReplyDelete