Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Break

I left Christmas Eve to head to the family in Alabama.  This year we were with my father's side of the family.  But I got a good bit of time with Nanny since I stayed with her.  We did Christmas with her on Christmas Eve.  Saturday morning I got up and went to the parents and we did Christmas before leaving for Grandmother's.  And we did my birthday which threw me a bit as I am used to celebrating  my birthday during the halftime of the football game that afternoon.  Thankfully the parents, mainly Daddy, believed in separating the events for me even if within a couple weeks I forget what I got for what and just know I got it Christmas day.

I swapped presents with S and Beth Thursday night after dinner.  I got some fun things.  One of which was a storage tower for my Wii stuff (I didn't even think until I had it a week what am I going to do with all this and I am so glad she paid attention).  Beth gave me a beautiful set of chopsticks and now I need to learn how to use them.  


Excuse the dirty counters


The family gave me money and Ann Taylor gift cards.  The Dirty Santa went over well and I hope we do it again next year.  I ended up with one of the presents the parents brought.  A set of acrylic low ball glasses, which one of my uncles tried to get me to trade for a pitcher and glasses set because they had the rest of the items.

We put my cousin's new fiance to work taking pictures of the family.  I don't know the last time we had a picture with all of us in it, or at least close to the majority of us.  


My brother was MIA during the pics.  So not happy I ended up in the front row.  


My grandmother, uncles, daddy and the out-laws as the women were calling themselves.  My daddy is the one with the grey beard and mother is behind him.  


The guys discussing a hunting trip for some time this week.


Not sure what Debbie was up to but I am glad I got this shot as it makes me smile.


5 of the grand kids together, there are a total of 11 grand kids, 4 great-grand kids, and one great-great grand kid at this point. The boy in the middle is trying out for Julliard in the next month or two please say a little prayer for him.  Oh, and the two eldest guys in this shot are tall in the first place and are standing on the fireplace.  


Nanny proudly displaying her new door hanger.   

The plan was for me to come home Sunday but due to the weather I didn't get to leave until yesterday.  I was so hoping to get home on Sunday so I could spend the day undercoating and cleaning.  I love starting the new year off with a clean house, though I am not sure that it will happen this year.  

I hope Santa was good to everyone.  I will do another post about the birthday.  













3 comments :

  1. Your Nanny is just precious! Looks like you had a great holiday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!!! I send my best Birthday wishes for a grand new year. Your family looks like good people. I love your Nanny and I like her sign but I would have liked it a bit more if it were Ole Miss, HA! We are now down to weeks until we move to Mississippi. Can't wait to get there. Happy New 2011!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog. My hubby and I are originally from Alabama and I love your Nanny's new door hanger. ROLL TIDE ROLL
    I get really excited when I find bloggers in the deep South.. especially with a connection to Alabama. Your blog is very cute and I plan to come back to look around. Oh, we currently live in the Pacific Northwest near Seattle. Sure do miss the South.

    ReplyDelete