Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Birthday Wishes

Having a Christmas birthday means I am just happy to have people remember it.  So how shocked was I to have my mother hand me the phone about 8:30 Saturday morning and having my grandmother wish me a Happy Birthday.  She couldn't wait until she saw me not even 2 hours later, though the last thing she said was to hurry everyone up.   
Since we hit our teens both grandmothers give cash  instead of presents unless we really really want something.  The parents got me the steam mop I wanted and the brother gave me the Monopoly game for my Wii. 
Beth gave me a bracelet from my favorite store in Oxford that my sweetheart of a niece picked out.


She picked it out because they have blue stones on them.  I hope I get to hug her this week before they head back to Tokyo.

The cutest thing was that S let H decorate my gift bag that contained my college themed present.



And the college themed present.  Yep I broke out one of the martini mixes after they left.  I would say that S knows me well.  

And I got a coconut cake as predicted.  Thankfully mine only had one candle to blow out.  

I am gong to spend some time going to spend my gift cards and money over the long holiday weekend.  Yes they are burning a whole in my pocket.  And I want to pick up at least one thing from my list I didn't get.  

Thanks to all who wished me a Happy Birthday.  It helped to make this year quite special. 





7 comments :

  1. Glad to hear you had a H@pPy BiRtHd@y!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday! hope all your wishes come true! monopoly for Wii seems like it would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a happy Birthday! Your bracelet looks adorable.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday! Coconut Cake...YUM! One of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated Birthday, Ruth .. love those bracelets (I have a few sets) .. and of course the Ole Miss gift set - Hotty Toddy! My son flew back to school this morning!

    ReplyDelete