Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Veteran's Day

A big thanks to all the veteran's who have served our great country.  



The only photo I have her of my father in uniform is really old.  I am so proud he served for 21 1/2 years in the Air Force.  


I wasn't kidding when I said old.  This is in the house when we lived in Birmingham.  He got lucky and we didn't have to move very often.  But he did a lot of assignments overseas before the parents married.  


This is what 5 years of retirement will do for you.  This was taken my senior year of high school in the kitchen of their house.

I can't find a good picture of my uncle who is also retired Air Force.  


And next year my youngest uncle will be a veteran.  He retires in January.  In this picture he is napping with my youngest cousin (his kiddo).  And this is in the living room at my parents.  


I am going to toast my two favorite vets their favorite drink. Jack Daniels.



3 comments :

  1. That's awesome that you have Air Force family! My husband was in the AF for a short period of time and is now a vet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little late...but I THANK THEM for all they did/do! Without people like them, that give such a huge sacrifice, we wouldn't be able to live the wonderful lives we have here in the wonderful USA! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are an Air Force family too- my grandfather, and father are both veterans, and my husband used to work for the Air Force.

    And I used to live 10 minutes from Jack Daniels- hee!

    ReplyDelete