Saturday, October 9, 2010

Show Us Your Life - Kitchen



Yes I know it is Saturday but I didn't get around to taking any pictures of the kitchen earlier this week.  And I needed to clean up a bit too.  This week's edition of Show your Where your Live over at Kelly's Korner.  I am sure after looking through the other posts there will be a lot of drool on my desk. 




A view from the living room to the kitchen. 
Above the fridge I have a drink tin with tiny Colonel Rebs all over it, a Gail Pittman Lace plate, and a picnic basket that says Hotty Toddy Go Rebs!!
Yes my lunch has found a home on the back of a chair. I am less likely to forget packing my lunch with it hanging there.




A view from the breakfast room.  I have a small galley kitchen. 



A view from the back corner to the living room. 



Cabinet across from the stove.  The tin has Colonel Reb on it. 
The tin was supposed to be a Christmas present but Daddy told me to get it out of his house before football season started so it wouldn't bring Bama bad luck.  I had no argument there. 
Under the cabinet is my microwave and coffee cups.  And the dishwasher is on this side of the kitchen. 



I am planning on in the next year, fingers crossed, upgrade the stove, dishwasher, and get a microwave over the range.  I also want to get a new back door with the blinds built in.  I am debating what I want to do first and get it done before the end of the year.  I am going to go with all white appliances because I don't see the having the money to upgrade the fridge to stainless steal before I am ready to sell.









3 comments :

  1. Good morning, Ruth! I love your dining nook! My hubby knocked out a wall and built one just like that in our last home. Thanks for stopping by! I hope you're having a wonderful weekend!
    Blessings,
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too Funny! I am an Ole Miss girl and my hubby an Alabama boy! I know all about the bad luck....had to really uplift my hubby after their loss Sat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Love how it is open to the rest of the home. I think all white appliances are great. As long as they match- that's what seems to matter on HGTV.

    ReplyDelete