Sunday, October 17, 2010

Raspberry-White Chocolate Muffins

I pulled out my Bisquick cookbook looking for something to cook this week.  And decided to make muffins from scratch for the first time.  The Raspberry-White Chocolate muffins looked so yummy.  One reason I really love my Bisquick cookbook even if I don't use it more often is that for around 90% of the recipes in the book the recipe is on one page and a big picture of the food is on the opposite page.  I am taking these into the office tomorrow, so I don't eat them all. 


Raspberry-White Chocolate Muffins

2 c. Bisquick
1/2 c. white baking chips
1/3 c. sugar
2/3 c. milk
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 egg
1 c. raspberries

Heat oven to 400°.  Grease bottoms only of 12 medium muffin cups, 2 1/2 x 1 1/4 inches or line with paper muffin cups.
Stir all ingredients except raspberries in large bowl just until moistened.  Fold in raspberries.  Divide batter evenly among cups.
Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool slightly; remove from pan to wire rack.


For a sweet finish, dip muffin tops into melted butter and then into coarse sugar crystals or granulated sugar.  Another option is to drizzle the tops with melted white baking chips.

I dipped them in the butter and sugar. 

Darn this one fell apart as I pulled them out of the muffin tin so I had to eat it.



They muffins are really yummy.  And I think they would be good on their own without the sugar. 



 

1 comment :

  1. Hey! I left you an award on my blog today! Thanks for reading! :)

    ReplyDelete