Monday, October 25, 2010

Race for the Cure

I did my first Race for the Cure in 1996.  ZTA's philanthropy is breast cancer awareness but at the time it was the Susan G. Komen foundation so we were required to participate.  It was so hard to get up that first morning but thankfully several of the girls in the house lived in the Memphis area and we had big sleepovers.   I don't do them as much any more which is sad but getting up that early and driving into Memphis on a Saturday by myself isn't much fun.


This is a picture of Beth & I at that first one in 1996.  Boy was it cold that morning.  And this is probably one of the only times I ever had a hat on in a picture.  


This is a picture of Susan and I after the last one we did, which was about 3 years ago.  

6 comments :

  1. That looks like so much fun! Hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy that I stopped by your blog. How could I not after seeing Colonel Reb?!! This is a fab blog and I look forward to following you.

    GiGi

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you ever come to zeta day? the next one's in knoxville and i'd love to meet up if you are thinking about attending! you could even stay with me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good lord! I remember that shirt as well as how chold and tired we were. It was all overshadowed by the fact that we were all so proud to take part of such a momentous occasion. I wish we had breast-cancer walks in Tokyo (but disease is such a no-no in conversation. Frustrating!).

    Love you Ruth. ZLAM,

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, I am just impressed that you got out of bed! You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just did the Race in Nashville a few weeks ago!

    http://yoga-gal.blogspot.com/2010/10/race-results-and-giveaway-winner.html

    The pics of you and your friends are sweet- my best friend and I do the race together (and talk the whole way through it ;)). Thank you for stopping by and commenting at Yoga Gal this week!

    ReplyDelete