Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Nilla Apple Crisp

I have been in a baking mood.  And since it if fall and apples are in season I had to try something new with apples.  I pulled this recipe from Kraft Food & Family. 

Nilla Apple Crisp

8 c. thinly sliced peeled Granny Smith apples (about 2 lb)
1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar, divided
2 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
1/3 c. quick cooking oats
1/4 c. cold margarine
25 reduced fat Nilla wafers, crushed
1 1/2 c. thawed Cool Whip Lite whipped topping

Preheat oven to 350°.  Toss apples with 1/4 c. of the brown sugar and 1 tsp of cinnamon. 


Spoon into 8 or 9 inch square baking dish.
Combine Oats, the remaining 1/4 c. brown sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon in medium bowl.  Cut in margarine with pastry blender or two knives, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.  Add wafer crumbs; mix well.  Spread crumb mixture evenly over apples.




Bake at 30 to 35 minutes or until apples are tender.  Serve warm or cooled.  Top with whipped topping.






The dish makes 12 servings.  I don't see me finishing this one off this week.  And I didn't use Cool whip I used vanilla ice cream. 



This is really yummy.  

2 comments :

  1. I love you for making this Nilla Apple Crisp. I've been thinking about making one since Fall Day 1, and now...thank you sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that just looks delicious. Believe it or not I get in the not baking mood sometimes and I love me some apple crisp! Thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete