Monday, October 4, 2010

Marvelous Mini Meatloaves

The weather has turned a bit cool and I pulled out one of my favorite winter and fall meals.  Hopefully I will find something new to try for next week. 
I got this recipe from the Kraft Food & Family magazine.  The recipe actually has four different versions, you can check it out here.  I chose to make the Fiesta version since I had salsa on hand. 

Marvelous Mini Meatloaves

1 pound extra lean ground beef
1 pkg. (16 oz) stuffing mix
1 c. water
2 tsp. chili powder
3/4 c. salsa
3/4 c. shredded Mexican style cheese

Preheat the oven to 375°.  Mix meat, stuffing mix, water, and the seasoning until well blended.  Press evenly into 12 medium muffin cups sprayed with cooking spray; make an indentation in center of each with back of spoon. 

Spoon add-ins evenly into indentations in meatloaves. 


Bake 30 minutes or until meatloaves are cooked through.  Top evenly with cheese; continue baking 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.  Let stand 10 minutes before serving. 


I didnt' think to take a picture until I got the first one out of the pan. 

I made mashed potatoes and okra to go along with them.  I put some mozzarella cheese and Tony's in the mashed potatoes.  I used part of the taco seasoning from last weeks pizza in the okra. 
I made blackberry cobbler for dessert. 




7 comments :

  1. We've been making those like gangbusters!!! Thanks to your ever generous gift last year we've been trying many delicious new recipes. Of course, because we don't have a full-sized oven (thank you crazy Japanese!), we have to bake them in two batches. Le sigh. A trade-off for marvelous food, no?

    Love you, Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks divine!!! I'm going to have to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look so cute!! and a fun way to convince a little girl or guy to eat their meatloaf!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to make these!! They would be awesome for a get together with friends.... maybe while watching some SEC football? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so cute! What a great, delicious idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm! I saw Rachel Ray make something very similar several years ago- she called it something cute like meatlofins or something like that. Blackberry cobbler...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks wonderful! i used to get those kraft food and family mags but dont' anymore....will have to look into that! i made something similar with deer meat (which i don't normally like) and all the spices masked the deer flavor. oh the life of having a sweetie who's a hunter! xoxo

    ReplyDelete