Sunday, October 10, 2010

Foil Pack Chicken & Broccoli Dinner

This is another quick favorite I found in the Kraft Food and Family magazine.   I got a couple comments last week about checking into if they still have the magazine and to let you know they do still publish it but they charge for it now.  Great thing is they still put all the yummy recipes on their website. 

Foil-Pack Chicken and Broccoli Dinner

1 pkg (8 oz) stuffing mix for chicken
1 1/2 c. water
6 small boneless, skinless, chicken breast halves
4 c. broccoli florets
1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 c. real bacon bits
1/2 c. ranch dressing

Preheat oven to 400°,  Combine stuffing mix and water; spoon evenly onto centers of 6 large sheets of heavy-duty foil.  Top each with one chicken breast and 2/3 c. broccoli.  sprinkle evenly with cheese and bacon bits, then drizzle evenly with dressing.


Bring up foil sides.  Double fold top and both ends to seal each packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside.  Place foil packets in single layer in 15x10x1 inch baking dish.

Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.  Remove packets from oven; let stand 5 minutes.  place one packet on each of 6 dinner plates.  Cut slits in foil with sharp knife to release steam before opening.



A great thing about this meal is that you can make it for one person.  I keep a box of stuffing in the pantry inside a Ziploc bag.   When I want to make this I just mix up enough for one person by wetting the mix until it is wet.  I have also used blue cheese dressing with this instead of the ranch.  And it is an easy clean up afterwards, a great thing on a week night. 

Did you notice something missing?  Yep, I don't like broccoli so I left it out. 





6 comments :

  1. thank you for my birthday card :) it made my day. How did you get my address? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol @ no broccoli!

    Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks amazing! thanks for sharing this. i love chicken but don't really like touching it so the foil would be a great thing for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! That sounds and looks so good... and I love the idea of substituting blue cheese for ranch!

    ReplyDelete