Wednesday, September 1, 2010

30 Days of Me Day 7


Day 7 of the 30 days of me.  Topic today is a picture of someone or something that has had the biggest impact on me. 



Not the greatest picture of Nanny, my maternal grandmother.  But she is like me she doesn't like to have her picture taken.  I didn't even realize until I was doing this post I don't even have a picture of her by herself from her 80th birthday party. 

Nanny and I have always had a special relationship.  And I don't think it has anything to do with sharing a first name.   She has been there for the good and the bad.  And taught me many lessons through my life.  She has always been willing to indulge me to a limit.  When I go to see the family I stay with her.  Nanny's house has always been more of a home to me than my parents.  When I was in college I loved for her decide to come spend a couple days.  And even since I have graduated until two years ago she would come on her own at least once a year to visit.  I really miss those visits.  I am really looking forward to seeing her in 2 weeks when I head out on vacation.  I am spending the Friday night before I leave on vacation.  And I really hope she starts getting around better after her hip replacement so we can take a trip together next year. 


Aunt Marilyn (her baby sister) and Nanny at her 80th.

No comments :

Post a Comment