Sunday, August 22, 2010

Workout update

My workouts have been going pretty well.  I have gotten in at least 4 days at the gym each of the last 3 weeks.  And strength workouts at least 2 times.  I pulled out an old workout from Self magazine, Tone Every Trouble Zone (link to the slide show of the moves)  It uses a beach ball throughout the workout and is why I saved it because the beach ball made it a little fun.  I can't find the beach ball I bought to do the workout with so I have been using my medicine ball.  I am seeing some small results which will always help you keep  the workouts out.
I also have been doing some extra ab work on top of the all over toning exercises.  The July issue of Shape featured Jewel and her ab workout.  I have done the workout at least twice a week for the last two weeks and it certainly makes my abs sore and they are getting flatter.  I could certainly handle having my abs look like Jewel's. 




I also decided to pick up an ab toning belt Friday afternoon.  Yes I know they are not miracle workers but decided to see if it would help even the slightest.  I read a few reviews about a couple different belts and people are talking about how they lost inches using them.  I decided to pick up the Gold's Gym toning belt at Wal-Mart for $5, which claims it will help shed water weight.


I used it for the first time this morning at the gym.  It really made my ab area sweat. I got home and it was dripping in sweat and had to hang it up to dry before putting it back into my gym bag.  At least if this doesn't work I only wasted $5.  And if it works I might go back and pick up the shorts for under $10. 

Have a great week ladies!!!

5 comments :

  1. I'd love to try that belt! You'll have to keep us posted on how well it works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is very interesting....do they make that belt in a full body version? i wish i could blame it all on water weight....but basically i've accepted the fact that mine is cupcake weight. you are an inspiration lady! looking forward to following along more of your journey! happy monday! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Southern Prep I will keep y'all updated on the results if any.

    Kate thanks for calling me ain inspiration. Mine is not all water weight either. But why not try for the cost. The belt says it fits up to 50 inch waist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep us posted on if that works, I've been thinking about getting one
    xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh let me know how that goes! You are doing so great on your workouts! And you are right...I'd kill for abs like Jewels!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete