Sunday, August 15, 2010

Mexican Fiesta

I am back on the grill tonight.  I pulled out one of the Grill mate marinade packets tonight to use on a steak I bought this morning.  And since I have been craving Mexican all week and no one was up for indulging me in that craving it was an easy choice.  I pulled out the Mexican Fiesta marinade packet. 
I am not a big steak eater and have only bought steak one other time.  I was glad to see that Kroger had theirs labeled which type of cooking the steak would be good for. 


I marinated the whole steak but only cooked half tonight and froze the rest in the marinade to pull out for another night.  I also picked up a couple ears of corn to grill too. 

While the steak was grilling I ate a salad and mixed up some Cilantro Lime butter to put on the corn.



I took two spoonfuls of butter, dash of lime juice, and two dashes of dried cilantro leaves.  And it turned out really well.  I was inspired by a page I pulled out of a Better Home and Garden magazine in 2007.



The steak turned out great.  And I got to use my steak knives for the first time (I got the set 2 years ago at Christmas).  I wasn't kidding when I said that I don't cook steak very often. 



I cut off a small piece of the steak to eat tonight.  I am going to use the rest for tacos tomorrow night. 

I made a more diet friendly dessert for this week Blackberry Fusion Jello. 

Now off to watch the season finale of Next Foodnetwork Star.  Go Artie!!!!!  And I will get in a workout too.

Have a great week everyone!!!

3 comments :

  1. leftover steak makes a great black and blue salad too. we like ours made with arugula and spinach, mild blue cheese and a little purple onion. slice the steak really thin, thin as possible and place on top. ceasar or ranch dressing. top off with some homemade croutons...perfect dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious! I think it was beef day; we had pot roast.

    xo Erin

    ReplyDelete