Sunday, August 1, 2010

Grilled New Potato Packet

I picked up the new grill Friday night.  Though I didn't get to use it until tonight.  I had to get some canola oil to season the grill.  The new grill has the infrared technology.


Isn't cute!  The sides fold down to save space. 

A couple weeks ago one of the grocery stores had the the grill mates marinade mixes on sale so I picked up a couple.  And I found one on clearance at Target.  I had a tough decision tonight.



In the end  I went with



I also made Grilled New Potato Packet.  I got the recipe from Kraft foods and have been wanting to try it for a couple months but the old grill wasn't working well. 

Grilled New Potato Packet

1/2 lb each red and white baby new potato (I only used red)
2 tbsp. water
2 tsp. oil (I used olive oil)
3 tbsp. Kraft Sun-dried tomato vinaigrette dressing
2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp. chopped parsley

Preheat grill to medium heat.  Place potatoes in center of 18 inch long piece of heavy-duty foil.  (or, use double layer of foil.)  Drizzle with water and oil.  Bring up foil sides.  Double fold top and ends to seal packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. 
Grill 18 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. 
Cut slits in foil to release steam.  Open packet.  Drizzle potatoes with dressing; sprinkle with cheese and parsley. 

jazz it up:  add 2 cloves of garlic, minced and 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper to packet with water and oil.

The potatoes and chicken were great.  Though I think next time I will add a bit of the dressing in the packet while grilling to give them a bit more flavor.



It went great with some White Strawberry Sangria. 



5 comments :

  1. Yum! You are making me hungry!!! Love that grill! There is nothing like food cooked on a grill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new grill!! Looks like it works well :) And White Strawberry Sangria?? That sounds amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to make you hungry this morning CG.

    Emily Ann I posted the recipe for the Sangria last month. It is really yummy! And once I do my ab workout tonight I am going to get the last glass.

    ReplyDelete