Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Drunk Peaches

I was inspired by Tyler Florence recipe for the Bourbon Peach Cobbler and made what I am calling Drunk Peaches tonight.  I bought some peaches over the weekend and needed to do something with them.  And I admit when I did this I didn't do any measuring when I was mixing this up. 

I cut up the peaches in halves.  I took a shot and half of bourbon, a couple pinches of brown sugar, two dashes of cinnamon and a couple pinches of sugar and mixed them together and poured the mixture over the peaches.    Sorry I didn't think about pictures right away.  I put them in the fridge while I went to do a strength workout. 

I sprinkled them with some honey roasted pecans on the tops before baking. 



I baked the peaches at 350° for 15 minutes. 

I served them with some ice cream and drizzled part of the sauce over the top. 



They turned out really yummy!  This will be a great quick dessert to whip up in the future. 

I will admit I could still taste the bourbon (which I didn't with the cobbler). 


The pecans I used.  These things are great to just throw on some vanilla ice cream too. 

1 comment :

  1. That looks so good! I will definitely have to try it!

    ReplyDelete