Friday, July 9, 2010

White Strawberry Sangria

I have had this recipe for a while and been wanting to try it.  The only problem finding Strawberry Schnapps.  I think this would be a great thing to serve at an alum meeting.  And I might have to suggest it for one of the next meetings. 


White Strawberry Sangria

1 (750 ml) bottle dry white wine, such as Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc
1/2 c. strawberry schnapps
1/4 c. sugar
2 c. sliced fresh strawberries
Ice
Whole Strawberries (optional)

In a 2 quart pitcher stir together wine, strawberry schnapps, and sugar until sugar dissolves.  Add sliced strawberries and chill for 1 to 4 hours.  Serve over ice.  If desired, garnish with whole strawberries. Makes 5 or 6 servings (about 8 oz each).





I bought a bottle of Pinot Grigio to use in the recipe.  Though I don't know what kind of strawberry schnapps Better Homes and Garden used because when I added mine the drink turned bright pink. 

Enjoy!!!!

5 comments :

  1. That sounds delish! I adore sangria anyway, but I'm used to the traditional red wine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my delish!! Ruth, I am going to have to try this baby out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should both try it out. It turned out great!!! Though maybe frozen strawberries so it won't get watered down with ice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh... that looks SO good. Might just have to make some of that today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want it to be 80 outside, and sitting on my porch drinking this! looks so good!

    ReplyDelete