Monday, July 19, 2010

Ready as ever

The parents will arrive tomorrow evening and I am ready as I will be at this point.  I got home tonight and finished folding a load of laundry and baked a cake.  Bethany at Maryland Pink And Green posted about a diet cake? last month and I knew it would be a good thing to try with the parents here.  And It turned out yummy.  I used the Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge cake mix with coke. 

 It didn't turn out pretty as I still haven't gotten the knack of getting a cake out of a pan in one piece. But it worked out because I got to try some and it was yummy.  I didn't ice the whole thing because it would be better for the diabetic parents not to have so much sugar.  I have to admit I thought it would be fun to crush some oreo cookies and put in the icing in the middle layer but I forgot to buy any.  I will save that for next time. 

I also got the yard mowed.  Well the front and part of the back.  There is was a black cloud that just kept hanging over the neighborhood so I quit and put it all up before I got soaked.  Always a wise thing since my mower is electric.  I will have to finish tomorrow night after we get in from the buffet or early Wednesday morning before heading to work.  That is unless I can talk daddy into adding that to the daddy-do list.  :)
The guest room also underwent a minor transformation.  I decided to pull out my quilt and eyelet stuff to put on the bed.  I got the set for my first apartment in college.  It had a set of pillow shams that went with it but my brother ruined one of them.  I hope to see some more changes by the end of the weekend aka the tv and tv stand gone back to Bama with the parents. 


I really would like to get a solid covered quilt or coverlet to put on the bed and use the quilt at the foot.  But I can't decide what color to use.  Any suggestions would be great.  And FYI I don't care much for yellow the most I can stomach is what is already on the quilt. 



3 comments :

  1. That's a really cute quilt!

    Getting cake out of the pan and looking pretty is tricky. I've had to use frosting to perform cosmetic surgery on many of mine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! I left you a little something on my blog:

    http://southerness.blogspot.com/2010/07/awards-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a purple or blue in the shades in the quilt would look great-really highlight it. Such a pretty quilt!

    ReplyDelete