Sunday, July 4, 2010

Beer Bread

I have had a very relaxing Fourth of July!  I hit the grocery store, gym, and lay around reading and watching America the Story of us on The History Channel.  Yesterday I watched The Revolution series on the same channel.  If you haven't watched either try and catch them.
While sitting around I couldn't the idea of beer bread out of my mind.  It actually has been there for about 2 weeks. When I went to the grocery store I got the items I needed and some pimento cheese to go with it.

Beer Bread

3 c. self-rising flour
1/4 c. sugar
1 (12 oz) bottle of light or dark beer


Stir together all ingredients; spoon dough into a lightly greased 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" loaf pan.  Bake at 375° for 55-60 minutes or until golden brown. 


Cool in pan on a wire rack 5 minutes.  Remove from pan, and cool on wire rack. 


 
A secon version which I have made the other times.
1/4 c. butter, melted
Backe at 350° for 45 minutes.  Pour melted butter over top.  Bake 10 minutes.

I have made this several times through the years and ususally make it with Bud Lite.  But tonight I had on hand and used it.



It will be something good to use for my lunches this week. 

2 comments :

  1. Mmm! I love beer bread. It smells so yummy right out of the oven.

    ReplyDelete