Sunday, June 13, 2010

Roasted Red Potatoes with Bacon and Cheese



I have to admit this is my second choice of recipes to try this week.  I bought the red potaotes last week tto use in a new recipe that used the grill.  And then the grill was dead.  So now I need to get someone to agree to help me get a new one and I hope I can get it by the end of the month but we shall see.


Roasted Red Potatoes with Bacon and Cheese

1/2 c. ranch dressing
1/2 c. finely shredded Italian Style Five Cheese Blend
1/4 c. real bacon bits
2 pounds red potatos, quartered
1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley

Preheat oven to 350°.  Mix dressing, cheese, and bacon bits in a large bowl.  Add potatoes; toss lightly.
Spoon into lightly greased 13x9 inch baking dish; cover with foil.
Backe 40 minutes remove foil; bake an additional minutes or until potatoes are tender.  Sprinkle with Parsley



I mixed two ranch dressings that I had in the fridge, Three Cheese and Creamy Parmesan.  I thought the receipe called for cheddar cheese which I had on hand when I made my grocery list this morning (should check the recipes more carefully).  I used the Authentic Mexican blend instead of the Italian cheese.  And the other thing I forgot was the parsley.  Oh well I will at least have an idea of the recipe.   And will have to remember next time.




They turned out really yummy! 




No comments :

Post a Comment