Sunday, May 2, 2010

Garlic LIme Chicken Fajitas

I know everyone has seen the McCormick commercials talking about the packages with a recipe and the seasonings needed.  About two weeks ago Kroger had the packets on special and I picked up the one.  I love the idea of them packaging the spices for a couple recipes to try so that if you hate it you don't end up with a bunch of spices you might never use again.  And yes I realize it is a big win for McCormick too because if you like the recipe you will go out and buy the full size bottles.  I finally got around to trying them tonight. 

Garlic Lime Chicken Fajitas

1 tsp. micned garlic
1 tsp. minced onions
3/4 tsp. ground cumin
3/4 tsp. oregano leaves
1/2 tsp. cilantro leaves
1/2 tsp. coarse ground black pepper
1/4 c. each lime and orange juice
2 tbsp. oilive oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
1 medium green or red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
8 flour tortillas (8 inch)


Mix juices, oil, all of the spices, and salt in a small bowl.  Reserve 1/4 c. of the marinade.  Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag or glass dish.  Add remaining marindae; turn to coat well.  Refrigerate 30 minutes or longer for extra flavor.



Cook and stir chicken in large heated skillet on medium-high heat 3 minutes or until lightly browned.  Remove from skillet.  Add bell pepper, onion, and reserved marinade; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender.  Return chicken to skillet.  Cook 2 or 3 minutes or until heated through.
Spoon chicken mixture into warmed tortillas.  Serve with assorted toppings, if desired.



I was trying to decide what to make for a side dish.  And while in the grocery store this morning I found Chicken Fajita Rice-A-Roni and gave it a try.



I wish I had thought before hand to make Apple Enchilidas for dessert.  That would really have mad the meal even more perfect. 
Yes, I will be making these again in the future.  First I need to buy half the spices that I don't already have.




2 comments :

  1. I have had chicken breast in the fridge for a few days and couldn't decide what to do with them! Now I know! THANKS! :) Yumm.

    ReplyDelete