Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Dresses

In the last couple weeks I have been doing some online wishing and I keep gravitating towards dresses.  Not sure why I don't wear them very often and never really have.  I grew up a tomboy and still can't deal with wearing a dress very often.  But lately I have been wanting one or two.  I even saw a couple cute cocktail dresses.  I so wish I had a reason to buy one but there is not event on the horizon to wear one too.  Though a friend did remind me football season will be here soon and I could wear one there.  It cracks T up that we dress up so much for a football game. 






There was one I tried on yesterday at Ann Taylor Loft that is not on the website but it is a beautiful blue one shoulder dress.  And I was so closte to buying it yesterday with the dresses on sale for 40%.

Sometimes getting the sale emails from Ann Taylor Loft is so dangerous.  I saw this cute dress that could be for work or a night out and went to get it. 



I tried it on and it was a tad to tight at the bottom.  Got to love being pear shaped.  Maybe it will fit by the time the put it on sale for new merchandise.  I am so keeping my fingers crossed on that one.  And I was going for it in black. 

I did pick up this on Friday.  And I have to admit I seriously thought about returning it when I got the email Sunday about the 40% sale on all full price dresses this week. 



I think I am going to pull it out for work tomorrow. 

I picked up this one yesterday during the sale when T & I went.



I love the green of this dress.  And it might be what I wear on the plane to Charlotte next week.



all pictures from Ann Taylor Loft and Anthropology

6 comments :

  1. CUTE! I love dresses! So comfy and cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes they are cool when the summer hits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful dresses, Ruth!!! I love the green one and I know exactly which blue, one-shoulder dress you're talking about. I think they're gorgeous.

    I can't wait to see you-green dress or not-next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see you either Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love wearing dresses in the summer. I love the first and third ones you pictured.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first is probably one of my favorite too Christy.

    ReplyDelete