Sunday, April 4, 2010

Cookie Fruit Cobbler

I have fallen behind a bit on the trying two recipes a month.  I think I got in just one in March and not starting off great in April.  I looked through my cookbooks and a few websites looking for something new to try tonight but nothing was really hitting me.  Instead all I could think of were some old favorites so I went with that.  I don't remember where I got the recipe for Cookie Fruit Cobbler.  But I tried it about four years ago for the first time and took it to a dinner at my best friends house.  I don't think any was left and both her mother and grandmother wanted the recipe.  You know it is a good sign when a grandmother asks for the recipe. 

Cookie Fruit Cobbler

2 (21 oz) cans pie filling
1 (18 oz) package cookie bar dough
1 c. old fashioned oats

Preheat oven to 375°.  Grease a 13x9 inch baking pan.  spoon pie filling into the pan.  Crumble the cookie dough into medium bowl.  Add the oats; mix well.  Sprinkle over the pie filling.  Bake 24 to 28 or until the top is deep golden brown.  serve warm or at room temperature.



I have tried the apple, peach and now blackberry pie fillings.  I didn't care that much for it with the peach.  And I use the chocolate chip cookie dough or the chocolate pecan cookie dough.  Tonight I tried it with the blackberry pie filling with the chocolate chip cookie dough.  I think the blackberry is my favorite.  And this morning it finally hit me that to keep from throwing so much away to half the recipe.  Yep I don't know why that to so long to figure out.  I have not made it in a while because I end up wasting so much.  Doesn't it look yummy!  And of course what is cobbler without some ice cream.



What a great way to end this beautiful Easter Sunday. 

1 comment :

  1. I LOVE cookie dough and I love cobbler - this is something I need to try! thanks, Ruth!

    ReplyDelete