Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Apple Enchiladas

I got Apple Enchiladas on my mind over the weekend.  I was down in Oxford Saturday for a garage sale my sorority alum group was doing (made $356) and then a BBQ at a friend's house after.  I made the Cookie Fruit Cobbler and it was a huge hit.  RW and I worked on getting everything together while her hubby watched the Masters.  It was great to help get ready for a party since I rarely if ever host any.
Okay back to the Apple Enchiladas.  One of the parties for May is a Fiesta and for some reason this recipe popped into my head and couldn't get it out.  So I picked up the items needed to make them when I hit the grocery store for the week.


Apple Enchiladas



1 (21 oz) can apple fruit filling
6 (8 inch) tortillas
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 c. water

Spoon fruit filling evenly down the center of each tortilla.  Sprinkle evenly with cinnamon. 


Roll up and place seem side down, in lightly greased 2 quart baking dish



Bring butter and next 3 ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan; reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly for 3 minutes.  Pour over enchiladas; let stand 30 minutes.



Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.




I wouldn't recommend putting ice cream with them.  Once the ice cream melted it was a soupy mess of the suace and ice cream.   But they were still yummy!!!  I know what I will be having for dessert for the next couple of days.



5 comments :

  1. These look super yummy!!! I can't wait to try em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, these are so yummy! I haven't made them in so long. Do you know the Kroger I shop at had freshly made cinnamon tortillas? I bet they would be SO good for this recipe, I will have to make some again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christy I bet the cinnamon tortillas would be great. I will have to look and see if my Kroger has them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Moly that sounds delicious! Can't wait to try it out! I think I might risk the ice cream.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are great with and without the ice cream.

    And I feel poplar today with all the comments. I needed that good feeling after today at work. Thanks y'all

    ReplyDelete