Thursday, March 11, 2010

Southern Belle Mysteries

I believe I have spoken about a new book series I started reading a couple months ago.  I was at the library about two months ago wondering around looking for something new to read.  By the way the library is the best place to go if you are wanting to try out new authors because it won't cost you a thing if you don't end up liking it.  And if you are like me trying to save up for a vacation or updating your wardrobe and house.  The series is written by Carolyn Haines and each book has the word bones in the title.   So far there are nine books in the series at this point. 

Them Bones
Buried Bones
Splintered Bones
Crossed Bones
Hallowed Bones
Bones to Pick
Ham Bones
Wishbones
Greedy Bones

The series revolves around Sarah Booth Delaney and her friend Tinkie as private investigators in Zinnia, MS (which is in the Mississippi Delta).  Sarah Booth lives on her families old plantation named Dahlia House with the resident ghost Jitty, her dog Sweetie Pie and horse Reveler.   Somehow Sarah Booth and Tinkie manage to get themselves in a mess every book and get out almost by pure luck, including getting Sarah Booth cleared of murder.  And of course I love how they mention Ole Miss on occassion.   In the book a DG refers to a Daddy's Girl not a Delta Gamma and I admit I didn't catch onto that until I had almost finished Hallowed Bones. 
So far I have read Hallowed Bones, Ham Bones, and Wishbones.  Yep totally out of order.  I picked up the Hallowed Bones because the cover caught my attention and the cover made it sound good (it takes place in New Orleans which help get me intrigued).  I need to start paying attention to the cover to see if they are part of a series so that I can read them in order.  I picked up Bones to Pick from the library on Tuesday and can't wait to finish the book I am currently reading to start it. 
I had to search Amazon to find the list of all the books and found out the tenth in the series, Bone Appetit, will be out on June 22nd.  Which gives everyone plenty of time to catch up on the series, including me. 


1 comment :

  1. I'm going to have to see if the library has any of these!

    ReplyDelete