Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Chicken Ranch Tacos

I was looking for something to make with the Chicken I had pulled out of the freezer this morning.  I was in the mood for tacos and decided to try making chicken tacos.   I put my own spin on the Chicken Ranch Tacos from Betty Crocker.  When I went to pull out the ingredients I found a half pouch of taco seasoning and ranch dressing mix.  I grabbed both and used them together and left out the ranch dressing the recipe calls for. 


The chicken by itself is good.  Yep I had try it while I was waiting for the taco shells to warm up and the Spanish rice to finish cooking.  The recipe does suggest adding some ranch dressing to the tacos.  I did another spin with that tip.  I mixed together some three cheese ranch dressing with salsa and put that at the bottom of the taco shell.



I only put the salsa/ranch combo, chicken and cheese on my tacos. 



It still might not have been a really healthy meal.  but it is better than what I have eaten over the weekend.   I am packing up some leftovers for lunch tomorrow. 



I haven't forgotten I will post about Natchez this week. 

No comments :

Post a Comment