Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Surprise

I heard a several months ago that Goodwill would be opening shops in the area dedicated to books.  One is located in DeSoto county (where I live) and one in Memphis, at least that I am aware of.  I didn't realize until last week the one in Memphis is two blocks from my office.  This could be a really scary thing.  I needed to get out of the office today.  The shop is a small one which means I shouldn't get as lost during my lunch hour.  I am still totally amazed by what I found.


When I first saw it I thought surely someone has the wrong jacket on the book.  This was the third copy they had of Pop Goes the Weasel and I was trying to find the one with the best looking jacket.  Then I flipped open the book to find out it really does have this



It took me about 10 seconds to put the other two copies back on the shelf.  Whoever let this go wasn't paying attention when they boxed up items for Goodwill.  But it was a great piece of luck for me.  James Patterson is my favorite author.  I am working on adding to my collection all the Alex Cross books and this is one of the earlier ones.  To bad I didn't have more cash with me today.  What did I pay for this lovely find?  A whopping $3.59.   Now that made for a good Tuesday.

No comments :

Post a Comment