Monday, February 8, 2010

SNOW DAY!!!

I woke up to several inches of snow this morning.  The alarm went off and I headed to take Belle out and walked around the hall corner and thought man it is bright did I leave the back light on last night.  And then I noticed SNOW!!  And not just a dusting we normally get several inches.   I am happy that the office decided to close today otherwise I would have had to spend some of my PTO time.  I went out about 45 minutes ago and measured. I had 5 1/2 inches at that time and it was still coming down.  And it just stopped.  Why was I so shocked to see snow?  Because the weather guys didn't predict it.   Last night they were calling for rain and maybe a switch to snow or ice.  Boy did they get that one wrong.  Now they are stating it will turn to sleet this afternoon and then more snow tonight.  Yippee!!  A mini vacation.  I have no clue what I will do with myself today.  I am sure a nap or two will be involved. 
Just watched some neighbors build a snowman.  And it is the adults out not the kids right now.  I hope I get to watch the kiddos.  I know they will enjoy it.  For me I lived in North Dakota for a bit (I am an Air Force brat) and will leave the playing in the snow to the people who rarely get that chance.





I can't wait to see how much we do get.   And maybe a second snow day tomorrow. 
HAPPY MONDAY!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment