Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sliders

I love the slider sandwhiches, they are small enough to fit in my hands.  So I decided to give them a try.  Not to mention it is the first time I have cooked pork.  It took me three different stores this week before I found any pork tenderloin that was not already seasoned.  I was beginning to think I was not going to be able to cook Spicy Pork Sliders this week.  Thankfully on my way home I found some.  I only needed half the tenderloin for the recipe so I froze part for another night. 

Spicy Pork Sliders

1 pound pork tenderloin
2 tsp. canola oil
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. salt
freshley ground black pepepr
1/3 c. yellow mustard
2 tbsp. sweet relish
1 tbsp. minced shallot
12 2-inch slider or King's Hawaiian rolls
3 slices swiss cheese, each cut inot 4 triangles
3/4 c. jarred roasted bell peppers, patted dry & thinly sliced
5 large romaine leaves, ribs remobed, cut into 2-inch strips


Preheat oven to 450°.  Place pork on a baking sheet and rub with oil, spices, salt and pepper.  roast until internal temperature reaches 155° on a meat thermometer, about 20 minutes; cool.  stir together mustard, relish and shallot. (you can refrigerate the pork and sauce for up to 2 days).  When ready to assemble , thinly slice pork.  spread each roll with 2 tsp. mustard mixture.  Add pork, cheese, pepeprs, and lettuce. (heat briefly to melt cheese, if desired.)  serve or cover and chill for up to 2 hours; bring to room temperature before serving.



I am not a fan of mustard so instead I used Kraft 3 cheese ranch dressing.   And as I didn't think far enough ahead for a side dish.  I pulled out some okra and made parmesan okra.   




I am looking forward to having another one for lunch tomorrow.  And I will admit that I didn't have any canola oil and don't know how often I would use it so I used olive oil.   I will so make these again. 

No comments :

Post a Comment